Lake Bluff Yacht Club
Terms and Conditions of Club Boat Use
LBYC maintains several sunfish which are used by the learn to sail program and are also made available for members to borrow when the beach employees are available. Following are rules for club boat usage:
Club members and their guests may use club owned Sunfish under the following terms and conditions:
- Boat usage is for members of LBYC only and is on a first come, first served basis. All members using boats must have a signed a consent form.
- Children under 16 must have a parent, guardian or other responsible adult present at the beach at all times while sailing unless participating in a club sponsored event.
- Club boats are available for use ONLY when beach boys are on duty or when participating in a club sponsored race.
- Boats must be returned to the beach by 4:30 p.m. and completely put away by 5:00 p.m.
- Boats may not be "reserved" in any way.
- Members may only use club owned Sunfish. All other club owned boats including 420's, prams and power boats, are off limits.
- Members using club boats are responsible for rigging and derigging the boat.
- Members using club boats are responsible for transporting boats to and from the water.
- Members using club boats are expected to have sailing skills commensurate with the weather conditions.
- Any club employee or board member may deem conditions or circumstances unsafe for boat usage.
- Each member using a club boat is responsible for complying with all applicable USCG safety laws.
- Members using club boats must wear life jackets at all times when on the water.
- Failure to comply with any of these terms can result in revocation of boat use privileges and/or suspension of club membership.